Sunday, April 25, 2010

"We need the moisture"

When I flung open my curtains on Saturday morning, my first thought was, "NO" ! I was in denial about the chances of snow in Laramie during the spring,...as if I have not lived here my entire life.
The snow was extremely wet and heavy, but at least there was a lot of it.



The snow did provide us with the opportunity to examine our layout around the Pedal House. Joel revealed that in another life he was actually an interior decorator, and so the adventure began. We decided that we did not want the customers to come in and feel like we were a completely different bicycle store. In fact, we wanted to have the customers feel at home, like always. Which leads me to my first dilemma. I had some bad feelings toward this painting;


I won't go into detail, but it has nothing to do with long standing love triangle between Lance, Greg, and Trek. We don't sell Trek, so I don't care. :) I am just a huge feng shui kind of guy, so we moved it to accommodate my flow. In fact we found a few changes that made us all feel a little more comfortable.

Before:
After:


So come on down and let us know what you think of the new face of the Pedal House. We did a lot, and it was all thanks to the snow. Mother nature, you are the best. Thanks for the chance to clean and reorganize, and as so many people who optimistically view the world, "we need the moisture."

No comments:

Post a Comment